AdWords
3.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Site policies Untrustworthy promotions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have tried all possible ways to get this issue rectified but in vain. It is still showing me Site policies: Untrustworthy promotions. I added Disclaimer word in the website as told by google team. Would be highly obliged if anyone could help me resolve it.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Ultimately this is a business issue which you will have to rectify with Google. The best practice is to thoroughly address and fix the issue(s) identified in their suspension email.

If you are advertising in certain business sectors, or have a certain pattern of suspensions, then the account may have passed the point of no return. 

You should be aware that once an account is suspended, Google has the right and sometimes the need to stop responding to communications from any particular account.  They are under constant bombardment by campaigns which violate terms of service (policy), and they do send instructions re: what to fix.  So if the violation is egregious, persists over time, or occurs repeatedly, the account may be permanently banned and Google will no longer respond.  Otherwise, they would be locked in a never-ending loop corresponding with suspended accounts.

Without more information about your campaign or suspension, it is difficult to comment further.  This is a mostly peer-to-peer volunteer AdWords support forum, so we do not have access to your account, or suspension information; and cannot speak for Google.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

Apart from the disclaimer, there are a lot more things mentioned in the link that must be followed as per the AdWords policy.

Can you share the URL?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If Google ask you to add a disclaimer, simply adding one might not be enough. It needs to:

> be linked by an asterisk to every claim on your site

> be in the same size font as the majority of the page

and whether the wording is sufficient is down to the opinion of the Googler who checks it. 

...and if you need a disclaimer, then there are quite likely other issues to work through. For example, Google's bots don't like the word guarantee when your site makes health claims. And certain claims need to be backed up by external proof.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Untrustworthy promotion means that something fundamental in your business practices or business model is false.

This type of violation can rarely be reversed. For that you have to overhaul the business model.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’