AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Site cleared of malware. Ads not running due to malicious content

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site that I manage <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> has been cleared of malware following a security breach last year. There is no Security Warning in Google Webmaster Tools and my site scanner says the site is clear.

However, I keep receiving emails telling me that my AdWords ads are not running due to malicious content. When I re-submit the site, it is fine for a few days then the same warning email arrives and the site's ads no longer run.

Any ideas? Thanks Smiley Happy

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove a link which had the potential to put other members at risk. As a best practice, please do not post links to sites that are flagged as having malicious content. 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site cleared of malware. Ads not running due to malicious content

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
You must clear your site through Google search console and resubmit it;
Read here:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/163634?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Other than malware, can it also be content that is "characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your response.

I re-submitted the site months ago and Google verified that it was now clean. There are no warnings in Google search console and the site is ranking (very highly!) organically.

However I keep receiving 'Ads not running due to AdWords Advertising Policies' warnings due to 'Malicious content'

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Joel S;

Send the clearance from the search console to support.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’