AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Site Disapproved for Adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yesterday, I received an email from Google which said that my ad has been disapproved because of malware somewhere on the website. I have no idea how the site could have been infected with malware, as I developed and designed it myself, but I did transfer over some older content from the previous design.

Google hasn't been much help. I think what they provided me with is a link to the page that has the malware (../lt/tr.asp?l=16), but when clicked, it leads to a 404 error; "No Content Found." So I manually searched through the FTP for a page titled "lt" in order to find a tr.asp file. No luck.

Nothing pops up in security center/search console, etc. According to that, site is clean. Ran a high sensitivity scan via Wordfence and got rid of the couple instances that appeared. Ran scans on several other platforms; came out clean. Cleared out all of the old stuff on site from before I took over and redesigned. 

Second time I called, they said that the malicious content was an outbound link contained on the site and I haven't been able to find that either. 

No idea what to do. Need to launch ad campaign ASAP, like last week, as per client directives and request. Please help! 

Website in Reference: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Thank you!

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove a link which has the potential to put other members at risk. As a best practice, please do not post links to sites that are suspected of - or flagged as having - Malware.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site Disapproved for Adwords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Zachary

Enter your Search Console account
Once you’re sure that your site is no longer compromised, request reconsideration of your site.
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/reconsideration

When you will get back from Search Console team, you can resubmit your add in google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That link leads to "Check your site for manual actions," which leads to a section which states "No manual webspam actions found."

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Zach

Open the Security Issues Report.
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/security-issues

Check if there is button for "Request a review"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Currently, we haven't detected any security issues with your site's content. If you want to learn more about security issues and how they could affect your site, review our resources for hacked sites.
However, if you see a malware warning in the browser when navigating to your site, it's likely that your site is referencing code or content from another domain that has malware. Read up on cross-site malware and learn how to address it."

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Send, a screenshot of the Search Console results to AdWords support.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’