AdWords
3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Show local search ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey,

My ads are shown in the local search results, which is great.

However, i have two issues:

1. the business picture is not shown, a map with a pin instead. this may affect CTR and QS.

2. The organic results are not shown (this business has the biggest number of reviews and pictures in this city).

any advice?

thx.

Oshri.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oshri M
April 2017

Show local search ads

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I cant see the screenshot because of a bug in the system.

Anyway, the "box" is GMB. The ad is AdWords. Ads are not shown unless both are linked and a location extension  is set.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Show local search ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Oshri,

It might happens due to non verification(Physical location) of your business in Google my business or Map.

**Google is at the moment tightening up their algorithms that detect images because they displaying images that are NOT of the business whose page they are on.

So what is happening at the moment is that Google will find a web page call Ice cream and find an image titled ice cream. The algo then matches it to the business page called ice cream.

Clearly this is not ideal, because it displays other peoples images and site that is totally unrelated to the business.

Now, if you wanted your image to appear on another business page, your web page should be about the business page in question.

So, if you want to appear on Jim's Ice Cream Shop, you would need to have a web page about Jim's Ice cream shop and images that are titled and possible alt image text using Jim's Ice cream shop.

Once Googlebot finds your web page and images, then it probably needs to tell the Maps bot that I have an image for Jims Ice cream shop, with the image eventually appearing on the Jims business page.

FYI: Most images at the moment, come from business directory type pages, so no guarantee that your image will be displayed, if at all. Depending on how strict they make the image selection criteria over time.

Hope it helps!!

Thanks,

Sudeep

Show local search ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Sudeep,

Thanks for the response!

However your answer was somewhat confusing, let me clarify:

1. I manage a local business's online marketing activity.

2. It is verified with GMB for more than a year.

3. The business is leading in it's vertical for pics and UGC reviews.

4. I advertise in Adwords.

5. Location Extention is Enabled in Adwords UI.

6. The verified business phone number (used in AdWords) was added to the advanced section in GMB.

Thanks!

Oshri.

Show local search ads

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there;

This is not an AdWords issue.

To get the business picture shown (in the business box) you have to upload an updated  picture of the business location and street to Google street view. This is a GMB issue.

Organic results are totally different algorithm independent of AdWords.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Show local search ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe,

Nice of you to respond.

Since there is an ad involved, I think it is at least partially an AdWords issue.

Both GMB and AdWords teams claim it is the other one's issue. Still waiting for another response from Adwords team.

SCREENSHOT

Thanks,

Oshri.

Show local search ads

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Oshri M;

In your question you did not mention the ad on maps.  For the ad to be shown on maps you must set location extensions. For location extensions to work, GMB must be linked to AdWords. For the ads to be shown on Maps, GMB must be linked to Adwords.

Re: Show local search ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @MosheTLV,

I appreciate your help, sorry for being vague. 

For an ad to have location extension it has to be linked to GMB, Got it and done.

I'm trying to show the ad in the local results "knowledge window", as shown in the prtscr.

I suspect that it relate to the second prtscr.

regards,

Oshri.

2017-04-03 (1).png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oshri M
April 2017

Show local search ads

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I cant see the screenshot because of a bug in the system.

Anyway, the "box" is GMB. The ad is AdWords. Ads are not shown unless both are linked and a location extension  is set.

Show local search ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks, @MosheTLV.

I am aware of the technicalities you mentioned.

I thought there was an additional setting to select the specific placement for ads:

map snippet in the SERP.

Best,

Oshri.