AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Set Account Payment Threshold

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A client of ours has an AdWords account with a threshold of £350 per month. I need to change it to £150, but cannot find the relevant settings. Any information given online, including that of Google, asks me to click things which are not there. How can I adjust the account payment threshold?

All the best,

Gabriel

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Gordon, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

A payment threshold is an amount of costs that, when reached, triggers you to be charged for those costs. This amount starts at a set amount which you can find in your account and will be automatically raised if your costs reach this amount in 30 days. If you wish to decrease the threshold charge, I recommend contacting AdWords Support. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So we can't change the amount we want to pay each month without contacting support via the phone?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have the same question.. So to set up your initial monthly spending limit is SUPER easy but then you can't lower this amount without calling?? That's a pretty underhanded hook if so. 

And, wait! Google will automatically raise this threshold without notice if you reach your set amount within 30 days?? There is so much wrong here.

Please, someone tell me I'm wrong about all of this...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thought I should add my response to you as well (since you are the Google employee) instead of continuing the thread... 

I have the same question.. So to set up your initial monthly spending limit is SUPER easy but then you can't lower this amount without calling?? That's a pretty underhanded hook if so. 

And, wait! Google will automatically raise this threshold without notice if you reach your set amount within 30 days?? There is so much wrong here.

Please tell me I'm wrong about all of this...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi- I found this if it may help and it mentions that one can change budget at anytime.

1. Sign into your AdWords Express account.
  2. Click the Menu button menu at the top.
  3. Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the Menu button menu again at the top.
  4. Click an ad, and then click Dashboard.
  5. Scroll the page down. Under "Your ad settings," click Edit in the "Budget" card.
  6. Edit as needed.
  7. Click Save.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords Express is different than an AdWords account.