AdWords
3.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Script Runtime Error for Sitelinks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a script on a couple accounts to check the sitelinks for broken URLs. When I first started running the scripts a couple months ago, they were running fine and getting checked, but for the last few weeks I have been getting a script runtime error saying that the script exceeded the maximum execution time. I have tried to delete the current scripts and put in new ones but it keeps giving me the same error message. 

I would like to know if there is anything I could do to fix this issue? These are big accounts with a lot of campaigns and keywords. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Script Runtime Error for Sitelinks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Elena C exceeding maximum execution time is a pain, but not uncommon with large Accounts.  The first thing I'd recommend (of course) is that you have a read of my blog posts on the subject:

Avoiding Script Timeouts (Part 1)

Hopefully, there should be some pointers in there you can make use of.  If not, come back to me here and I'll try and help further.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Script Runtime Error for Sitelinks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jon_Gritton, I read through your posts and unfortunately we are not the ones that code our scripts. We use Optmyzr and just plug them into the script section in AdWords. Is there any way to fix this issue without having to break up the scripts or writing new code for it? 

Re: Script Runtime Error for Sitelinks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Elena C if you're using an Optymzr script then really the best option is to get in touch with the folks there.  Fred Vallaeys is a nice guy and I'm sure they'd be keen to help!

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits