AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Runnign GA for 2 diff. sites with same business and ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I have two websites with same business. I am already running Google Adwords campaign for my one website but I also want to start the Google Adwords campaign for second one, targeting the same keywords that i am targeting for the first website. Ownership for both the website is same, so it is possible for me to run the GA campaign in the same account or should i use another account for running the campaign for second website.

Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chetna S
October 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Lakatos is right - You are violating policy by trying to have two AdWords accounts and websites for the same business.

If you want to A/B test the sites to see which performs better, then just create a new property within the existing AdWords account. Then look into analytics landing page testing, so all traffic, from all sources is part of your test.

Tom

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Chetna S,

You can create new campaign for the second site within the existing account.

Thanks,

Manikandan G.

Re: Runnign GA for 2 diff. sites with same business and ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the feedback.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Chetna S,

Just hang on for a quick second. Firstly, you are not supposed to have 2 AdWords accounts, only one. Second, you can create the second campaign in the existing account and then the identical keywords will not be competing for ad positions. One of them will be picked by Google to participate in any given auction for an impression on the SERP. 

Based on your words I am under the impression that you are not able to decide which of the 2 websites is more suitable for receiving AdWords traffic. Or is there any other reason for the configuration you mentioned?

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chetna S
October 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Lakatos is right - You are violating policy by trying to have two AdWords accounts and websites for the same business.

If you want to A/B test the sites to see which performs better, then just create a new property within the existing AdWords account. Then look into analytics landing page testing, so all traffic, from all sources is part of your test.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Lakatos for your valuable feedback.

It's not like that I am creating the second campaign to just check which website will get more Google Adwords traffic or will perform better for me. This is pretty much clear that I want to run separate campaigns for both the websites.

As per your suggestion, I will create the campaign for second website in the same account but i hope there would be no problem in my both campaign performance if I would target same keywords. I do not want violate Google Adwords policy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you tomhalejr!

I want to run campaign for both the websites. Without violating policy, is it possible that i can run in the same account by creating separate campaigns. I am not doing this for test purpose.

Would appreciate your feedback. i am new to this.