AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Removed ads showing impressions in Search Results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running only a single campaign right now. Previously removed campaign is still showing impressions and also the ads are displayed in search results. Any solution?

removed-ads-showing-google-results.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removed ads showing impressions in Search Results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Shanmugam Ganesh A,

Welcome to Advertiser Community!

Check the date range you have selected for this report/table. If your date range includes the dates when this removed campaign was active, you will see the data for click, impressions etc.

If you removed the campaign on - say 5 July, make sure your date range for the report starts from 6th. Including 5th July in the date range will still show the data for clicks, impressions etc. 

About your ads still showing in actual Google results, use Ad Preview Tool. It will tell you which campaign is triggering it. it must not be the removed campaign, but the active one. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No i selected current day in reports. it is showing 14 clicks for a removed keyword.

Note:
I used the removed campaign Ad groups, Ads and Keywords to the new Campaign. For the current campaign ad is running only for Chennai and Coimbatore location keywords. Removed Bangalore location keywords in the New Campaign. But still my ads are showing for the Bangalore location. This bangalore location keywords are only available in Removed campaign. Is this the reason behind this issue?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Shanmugam Ganesh A However, its not possible and @Ratan-Jha may be right that you have selected that range date when your campaign was running for paused keywords. But, if you are sure that you have chosen right date range then it may be due to some technical fault of AdWords dashboard.

Thanks.

Om Thakur

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Shanmugam,

This is what I understood from your reply. There are two major issues you are facing:

1. Reporting issue where are you seeing the clicks for the removed campaign.
2.Your ads are triggering for bangalore location, despite not using the keywords which contains 'bangalore'

First issue is either because of incorrect date selection as pointed out by @Ratan-Jha or because of some temporary technical glitch in Adwords platform.

To resolve the second issue, you have to select specific locations in the campaign setting where you want to run the campaign. You should not select the Bangalore city there if you don't want to run the campaign in Bangalore.

Please let me know if you need any additional help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did not select Bangalore location in this campaign. It was selected only
in my removed campaign.