AdWords
5.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Remove own access (google adwords)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Hoping this is the right place to post this. I've been added by a potential client to their adwords account with admin access prior to quoting on a project to see where they are at. Long story short, I haven't heard back on the quote so assuming it's not going ahead. I would like to remove myself from this companies account as I'm tired of getting their notifications that they haven't paid their bills. How on earth can I get myself removed? I've been granted admin access and the only other admin on the account was the potential client. Aside from asking since I don't like my chances of that happening - what are my options?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Stacey F,

If you have the admin access for the account, you can terminate the access.

After signing in with that email address, go to settings cog > Account settings > Account access.

Also, you can manage the various alerts.

Go to setting cog > Account settings > notification settings > making them Only critical or NO.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Remove own access (google adwords)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Archit. 

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. There's no option to terminate access it just gives me the following options:

google_adwords.JPG

I can "Terminate access" for the other administrative account holder but that's not what I wish to do. I would like to delete my access.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

First you need to grant admin access to any dummy email address.

Then by login in the AdWords account with that email address, you can terminate the access of your current email.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hrmm....won't that leave an email address of mine still on the account? I'd like to remove all access.  Thanks so much for your help!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes, You need to grant someone else with admin access if you want to terminate yourself.

You can use or create any email account which you do not use as your primary email(personal or professional).

Else, if you don't want any of your email address associated with the account then it is possible only if another admin terminates you.

Regards