AdWords
5.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Remove me from a customer Adwords Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

A customer of mine invited me to join his Adwords account. He didn't confirm my access, and now I need to create my own Adwords account but I am unable to because my gmail address is now associated with his Customer ID and the account creation process will not proceed until he confirms my access to his account.

I don't need access to his account anymore but just want my own one. I also need to do Keyword research for another customer, so this is really holding me up.

Is there a way to remove this invite and pending confirmation so that I can create my Adwords account?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lara B
August 2016

Re: Remove me from a customer Adwords Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lara B,

Your customer can remove the invite (without needing to confirm and add you), but you cannot rescind it on your end. Just send them this info and ask them to remove you. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lara B
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lara B,

Your customer can remove the invite (without needing to confirm and add you), but you cannot rescind it on your end. Just send them this info and ask them to remove you. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

Thanks for your response.

My customer is now on holiday for two weeks, so hopefully he will be kind enough to do this for me. It's crazy that his outstanding action can block my work with other customers because I can't rescind the request myself. I'll probably end up creating a temporary account so that I can continue working.

Best regards,

Lara.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Lara B,

You are very welcome. Creating a second email address will get you back working, and is what many do in your situation. 

May I suggest you set up a AdWords Manger Account? For anyone that is managing more than one AdWords Account, this is best practices and makes your life easier... and more productive, too. This is a support file that will provide most of the answers you might be need to better understand how it works.

As a badged Google Partner, I cannot image doing what I do for many clients without a AdWords Manager Account. This will also make it where you add client accounts to your Manager Account (and not them adding you to their AdWords) and prevent your current issue from happening again. And if you so decide to become a badged Google Partner one day down the road, you will have this requirement under control, since one must operate a AdWords Manager Account for 12 months (along with other requirements). 

Please let us know if we can help you further; happy Saturday.

Kind Regards,

James