AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing list(s) disabled for use with Google AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I 've recently started a medical website. Linked a google adwords account, but did not proceed all the way with it.

I got an email from Adwords, saying the following:

"Hello,

One or more of your AdWords remarketing lists have been disabled. The list(s) below violate the AdWords Policy for advertising based on interests and location.

As a result, the affected remarketing list(s) may no longer be targeted in AdWords, and ad groups using the list(s) have stopped showing ads. To keep your your ads running, you'll need to remove the disabled list(s) from your ad groups.

Make sure to review the policy for these lists and make any changes necessary to comply with it. You might need to make changes to any of these:
- How the tag is implemented on your site
- Your list definitions

For mobile apps, some remarketing lists are generated automatically by linking to your Google Play Developer account. If one of these lists has been disabled, that means your app may contain sensitive content.  Remarketing to users of these types of apps may violate the AdWords Policy.

When creating remarketing lists or creating your ads, you can't use any sensitive information about your site visitors or app users. In addition, some types of sensitive products and services cannot use remarketing or related AdWords features. To review what we consider to be sensitive for the purposes of this policy, see: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465#sensitive

Repeated violations of our advertising policies may result in the suspension of your AdWords account, so it's important to address any issues as soon as possible.

Health
Sites or apps providing information, products, or services for users regarding personal health conditions, health issues related to intimate body parts or functions or invasive medical procedures may not create userlists. Examples may include clinics offering specific medical treatments, pharmaceutical drug pages and medical providers that offer invasive medical procedures"

Can someone please explain why I got this email? I am NOT currently paying for an ad (never did in the past as well, only hold an account).

Should I contact google about this? Could this penalize my website?

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andreas M
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Double check if someone else did not set a campaign. Otherwise the email would not be sent.

If not, call support. Only they can look into account activities.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

remarketing ads that might reveal a medical condition (e.g the re-marketing ad promotes a medication or a medical procedure) is not allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

thanks for the answer. However, I am not running an ad. I have not submitted any payment to adwords nor used a voucher.

I only have an account and stopped at step 2 (your first campaign).

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andreas M
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Double check if someone else did not set a campaign. Otherwise the email would not be sent.

If not, call support. Only they can look into account activities.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I 'll look into it, thanks again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just received notice that my remarketing lists were disabled due to some violations  in my Adwords account.  At the moment I have no campaigns running and none shown as disabled. This account has been inactive for over a year, however, I am preparing to reactivate it. 

Can someone explain why my remarketing lists, which have not been created, are disabled?

Thanks,

Bob