AdWords
1.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Problem - impressions just seemed to come to a grinding halt

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  I've had a display campaign going for a month or two now, and it's been successful.  Been primarily advertising on mobile apps.  Anyway, I jumped into adding remarketing to the campaign.  I successfully added the tag to my pages, created a list, and added that list to my ad group targeting.  Then, all of a sudden, everything came to a grinding halt.   Now I'm getting maybe 50 impressions per day, when I was getting 10k every day before I enabled remarketing.  Any ideas as to why this is happening?  

I have no alerts that my max CPC is too low by the way.  I've seen that notification before, and I'm not seeing it now..

Thanks!

VK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

If you selected "target and bid" for your remarketing targeting, then you restricted your audience only to users in your remarketing list, who are also viewing pages related to your other targeting options (KW's, topics, placements). Either create another adgroup using remarketing as your only targeting, or choose the "bid only" option for the combined targeting adgroups.

Tom

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, most probably you changed targeting of your original campaign. 

You stopped (changed) display campaign settings to remarketing. 

Check that out.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

If you selected "target and bid" for your remarketing targeting, then you restricted your audience only to users in your remarketing list, who are also viewing pages related to your other targeting options (KW's, topics, placements). Either create another adgroup using remarketing as your only targeting, or choose the "bid only" option for the combined targeting adgroups.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Okay, I'm somewhat new at this, so please forgive the remedial question :-).  So I'm on "Automated: Maximize Clicks" for the campaign and Ad Group.  Where would I find the "bid only" you are speaking of.  Is it under "manual" somewhere?

-VK

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I will.  thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Okay, I dug deeper and found the Target and Bid and Bid Only options within the Interests and Remarketing targeting tab.  

So I removed the remarketing list that I added two days ago.  Once the Adgroup ad jump starts again and starts serving the ad like it once did, will it still add people to that remarketing list, even though the list isn't added to any adgroup yet?  

And if the answer is yes, once the list gets built up, can I then add that remarketing list back into the original adgroup, and keep it at "target and bid" like the other interests, and will everything be fine?  Or do you recommend setting up another adgroup, targeting only that remarketing list utilizing "target and bid" as the method?

Thanks in advance for the help!  I'm a small business owner and I'm a one man show, learning as I'm going!

-VK