AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Really Bad Service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
2 Expert replyverified_user

Really Bad Service

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amr E,

Thank you very much for venting this problem here in the forum. Unfortunately we cannot comment on your communication because to that end we should first listen to the other parties involved as well that is not possible in this community. I would like to note, however, that in regard to your own AdWords account and your own advertising strategy there is no other "decision making authority" but yourself.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: Really Bad Service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Lakatos,

Forgive me for asking this. Do you work for Google?

As for decision making, I was referring to decisions in relation to invoicing. I was invoiced for services I didn’t receive and obviously the decision to deal with this has to be with customer service.

Thanks

Amr

Really Bad Service

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There are very few people on this forum who work for Google - I don't - and neither does Lakatos... 

Those that do are not really the right people to speak to in your circumstances.

There are procedures and whilst it may be frustrating, those are the avenues you will have to follow, I'm afraid.

In the meantime, I would ensure that all your campaigns are paused so as not to accrue costs. And, try talking again to the support staff - they can be really helpful once they understand your problem. The fact that they are "overseas" is irrelevant.

One thing that kind of jumps out is that you were invoiced for services you didn't receive... what exactly were those? In AdWords you can pretty much only be invoiced for ads that appeared and/or were clicked upon... if you had live campaigns you can expect to pay something for them.

Really Bad Service

C S
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
C S
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't have any issue with race or country of origin. But when I'm speaking to someone from Google or Dell customer service, I have hard time what they are saying and sometimes sounds like I'm talking to a robot. I know they do this to cut cost down, but being a billion dollar business, having service with easier to understand english would take a large portion of worries away. But then again, sometimes well spoken english here can have worse service but still prefer native english accent as oppose to foreign accent. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In this case, I had no problem understanding the people I spoke to. My frustration was basically because of their ability to resolve problems. Very often these guys are outsourced (not sure in this case). Generally they are running off standard scripts for client calls. It did not seem that they had any decision making capability. They should be referred to as an information service rather than customer.

Really Bad Service

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This is an inherent problem with the AdWords platform.

It is designed to be "self serve" as much as possible and the majority of issues can be solved quite easily over the phone. A quick review of comments here on the forum suggests that many people get stuck with certain basic tasks - such as linking AdWords and Analytics, for example.

But, of course, the platform is extremely complex if you dig just a little below the surface. It's a little like understanding how a car works - you put petrol in here and inflate the tyres like this, and the key goes here, etc... even I can top up the oil and fill the windscreen washer water. But don't ask me to change the gearbox.

And, to be fair to Google, if your issue is more complex than phone support can handle, well, they need to pass it on. Once you get beyond the basics there are just too many things to manage. And, after all, this is your marketing budget we are discussing. Any configuration that is overlooked or set one way or the other (note I don't say "wrongly" because without knowing the specifics of a business, you cannot determine if a specific setting might be right or wrong for that business) could result in significant expense.

But there is perhaps more to this... if you are looking to spend significant budget on AdWords then (don't get offended here, OK!) you either need to know exactly what you are doing, or you should employ someone who does.

With all respect to Google, you wouldn't ask the mechanic at the used car lot to check out the car you are thinking of buying. You'd get YOUR mechanic the check it out. Same thing here. If you find someone who will spend the time to review your account after getting to know and understand your business model and objectives, they are going to be able to structure your account to give the best return on your advertising investment.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
People are defending the service and Google. Here are the facts.
The “Advisor” I spoke to said that based on my budget that I should be on the 2nd or 3rd page. I ended up being on the 8th page. They told me that if I don’t find the relevant search terms, they will add them for me. They didn’t. These just example when I spoke to Customer Service, I was told to file a complaint on line and someone will get back to me in 24-48 hours. No one did. I called and again they said that someone will get back to me and again no one did.
This is just part of it, but it’s pretty black an white. Aside from how the system is designed and what it is meant for…..etc, it boils down to what the customer experience is like. Broken promises and in the case of the "Advisor" no accountability are not something that people should give excuses for. I am sorry. Whatever reasons are, it is terrible customer service. Even if one person had made a mistake or provided misleading information, “customer service” should have been in a position to address these at least with an explanation.