AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Quality score 7/10 but ads not showing due to low quality score!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I'm having quite a good score for the keyword (7/10) but my keywords are not showing up due to quality score (screenshot attached below). I'm pretty puzzled by this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

score-issue.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Alex S

You are correct in saying that 7/10 is a pretty decent quality score.

If you look closely, the error mentions that your ads are not showing due to low 'Ad Rank' (which is a component of your 'Bid' and 'Quality Score').

In short - Your bid could be too low.

How long has the campaign been running and is it optimised 'for clicks'? If only a short time, it might simply need a little longer for the 'auto' bids to start working effectively.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex S,

As you are using Enhanced CPC bidding where your manual bids are automatically adjusted for clicks that seem more or less likely to lead to a sale or conversion on your website.

So, based on many signals system determines when to show the ad for any particular search query.

As it woks around manual CPC, I would recommend to increase the CPC bid to rank your ads on top positions and reducing the impression lost due to low ad rank.

You can also run an experiment with another bidding strategy.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Quality score 7/10 but ads not showing due to low quality score!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

bid-.PNGHi Mark,

Thanks for the explanation. My bids are set to be adjusted by Adwords, so I can't even adjust them. (See the screenshot).

My assumption was that it will set the bid correctly to move up in the ranking but apparently it doesn't work. Or Am I missing something else here? 

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Change ad group default bid.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Archit,

Change it to what number? You mean increase it? 

Thanks!

Re: Quality score 7/10 but ads not showing due to low quality score!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It cannot be changed. It's set by Adwords automatically.cannot.PNG

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

It seem you have used different bidding strategy at both campaign and ad group level.

In ECPC, you can change the ad group bids.

So, ad group level bid strategy will overrule the campaign level bid strategy.

Regards

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

The issue here is not the QS but the ad-rank: Raise the bid.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’