AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

QS is not showing even if my keywords got over 18.000 impressions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I got  a couple of problems with my campaign ads.

1. QS is not showing for any of my ads even if single keywords get over 18.000 impressions each one and some clicks. No QS anywhere. 

2. Some keywords, according google keyword planner, should have more than thousands of impressions per month, and still my keywords never show up, cannot even know if my QS is too low or not.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Google shifted the way it displays Quality Scores recently.  Instead of displaying an initial quality score of "6", the assign "null" (--) until they are ready to assign a quality score.  It often takes a month or longer.  It is not just a function of the impression volume.  The click volume (CTR) is also in the mix, along with other factors some of which are unknown.  If Google were to disclose the rules, it would lead to gaming of QS which would destroy its usefulness.  

2. The keyword planner is only intended as a course planning tool and there are many other things which can cause your ads not to match with search terms, triggering display of your ads.  Suggest you utilize the 'Ad preview and diagnosis tool', it is on the Tools menu. 

hth!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Time is also factored in, in addition to impressions. So it could take a few days before the system has gained enough statistical data to calculate a QS  with the confidence level required (usually 95%) to be shown the user.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’