AdWords
5.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Put wrong email when signing up to Adwords, so cannot verify

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I signed up to Adwords, chose all my keywords, wrote my ad, all fine, until I realised I had spelt my email address wrong (info@themequeen.com). So I changed it to the correct one, which now worksfor signing into adwords (info@theme-queen.com), but when I sign in, the only screen I can see is where it is still trying to verify the original email - I can't see my ad or any keywords or anything - it just keeps telling me to click the verification link to access the account and the ad I set up - but because it was spelt wrong there is no such email and I can't access it!!!

I don't know what to do and there is no livechat or support email address anywhere, hope somebody can help.....

Thanks

Liz :-/

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You can try customer support at 

Phone: 866-246-6453
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 8 pm EST

Alternatively if you need to get your account up and running asap, try downloading adwords editor (https://www.google.com/intl/en-US/adwordseditor/) and try to sign in from there.  If you can, then download the account and recreate the account under a different email address in adwords. 

Sorry for the complications your having, best of luck!

-Orlando

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the suggestion, it didn't work, so will have to try calling them :-( I am in the UK so I think it is 0800 169 0704 over here?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

How come you signed in using an email you don't own?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was a typo.... it didn't ask me to verify my email until after I'd written the entire ad campaign and put in all my keywords... I wish it had and then I would have realised a lot earlier and corrected it :-(