AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Protecting Your Google Account

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hi there! My name is Karen Mathias and I'm part of the Ads Quality team.

It’s easier for someone to steal your account credentials than you may think, but there are things you can do to keep your information safe. Here are a couple tools we offer to help you protect your Google account.  

Google offers 2-Step Verification, which is an excellent way to help keep bad guys out, even if they have your password. 2-Step Verification adds an extra layer of security to your Google Account, drastically reducing the chances of having the personal information in your account stolen. Breaking into an account with 2-Step Verification not only requires a username and password, but also  access to your device. You'll protect your account with something you know (your password) and something you have (your device or Security Key).

Get started with 2-Step verification by following instructions here.

Password Alert is a recently launched Chrome extension that will alert you when you type your Google password into a site that isn’t a Google sign-in page. This thwarts hackers from tricking you out of your login details and keeps your Google account safe, including the info you have stored in Gmail or YouTube. To keep your information safe, don’t reuse your Google password for other websites or app logins. Recycling your passwords leaves your account vulnerable to unauthorized access.

You can visit the Chrome store and download Password Alert for free.

For more information, check our blog post about Password Alert.

If you have any questions, please post them below.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Protecting Your Google Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm.... This password alert is a neat extension... (Another layer in Addition to 2-step verification)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’