AdWords
2.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Problem for location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Dear

I have this error message in Adwords account 

=================

Your location extensions aren't running
Add locations to your Google My Business account or adjust your filters to show business addresses with your ads.

=================

I have another account for our company and there is the location in " my Business " but that's  account can't have option to add other users to manage locations or brands like google analytics

what can I do ?!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem for location

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Fady,

You can enter manually your Business Address in Locations Extensions (within the Campaign) after enable Use a manual location feed and then you can enter your Business Address details as per attached screenshot.

.Use-Manual-Locations-Extensions.png

Manually-Enter-Business-Address.png

Please let us know if you have any query.

Thanks,

Anand

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In case you are using a different Google account, you will have to first assign it as Manager in your Google My Business account, so that you can sync both platforms using single sign in.

See this screenshot for more details:-

Screenshot_2.png

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Anand Kumar

I'm somewhat puzzled by the screenshots you shared. It was my understanding that the option to manually enter location extensions was done away with, and the solution that @pankaj1782 provided was the way to go.  I just checked multiple accounts I manage, and I do not have the option shown in your screenshots.  Did you make those screenshots recently?  If so, perhaps you have been granted some kind of special permission that most accounts do not have?

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Some accounts may still have that option... None of mine do anymore either. Which, means you have to go through the process Pankaj outlined.

Which accounts do you have access to Fady?
Tom

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi David,

I agreed with Pankaj but when we have business page available then we can use that option.
Otherwise we have to enter manually our Business Address details for Locations Extension.

I am managing multiple account within my Agency MCC and I have entered business address manually for individual AdWords account as per Attached PDF steps.

I tried to upload here multiple time those steps but due error i have attached in PDF  file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLMGNKZ1NTbG1iMzQ/view?usp=sharing 

Please let us know if you have any query.

Thanks,

Anand 

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

@Anand Kumar

Thanks for taking the time to make that. I can confirm I can reproduce everything you shared. This is nice to know because I have a few accounts where it's just not possible to be given manager access to the GMB account, and they could certainly benefit from using location extensions.

Do you know if there any kind of verification process for manual entries? 

It was my understanding that manual entries were done away with because dishonest advertisers would try to make their ads appear local when they really weren't.  Linking from a verified GMB account keeps things honest so to speak. I'm going to be rather surprised if I can just enter any address I want without some form of verification.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi David,

There is no verification process in manual entries for Business Address.

Thanks,
Anand