AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Pricing Problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I placed an ad a few hours ago which had a per day maximum of around $8, two hours later, the cost was over $856 with far more impressions than I scheduled.

My account has no balance that reflects this, and I read reports that this is a glitch others have dealt with. I'd like to be assured that this is a glitch, I deleted the campaign because of the insanely high pricing, however if this can be cleared up I'd like to get back on the original schedule.

A price hike that insane in such a short amount of time is very worrisome and I'd like to get to the bottom of this sooner than later, thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Pricing Problems

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Rob B

You should not be charged more than 20% over the daily budget you set.

How much is the daily budget? Are you sure you set the budget correctly and did not mistakenly set it to $800? 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Pricing Problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, I distinctly set it to 8, I have no idea how it could have become so high, this all happened inside of two hours before I noticed and canceled the campaign. 

I'm not paying that amount of money for this, it's simply out of the question. 

Pricing Problems

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The best would be to call support tomorrow. Only they have the tool check  billing issues.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Pricing Problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm relatively new to AdWords, if this happened about 6 or 8 hours ago, wouldn't it have shown up in my billing summary by now? 

Pricing Problems

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Not sure I understood... What  would be shown?

Pricing Problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the campaign report it says over $800 but I'm my billing summary that price isn't anywhere to be found.

Oddly enough the view count in the video I boosted earlier is now dropping 

Pricing Problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, my account balance went up by $15 for an ad I took out after I placed the one that got extremely expensive. 

In "cost" the $850 shows up but it's not going over to my balance.