AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Preview Gmail HTML Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're getting ready to launch our first Gmail HTML ad but we'd like to preview our ad in Gmail (on both Desktop and Mobile). This currently isn't an option from the AdWords interface. Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas around being able to preview and test a Gmail HTML ad within Gmail before the ad goes live?

We're currently using a geo-location and keyword target in an attempt to see the ad on our own devices, but that has so far proven to be unsuccessful. 

Thanks!

Jeremy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Preview Gmail HTML Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No, there is no way to see the preview of GSP ads.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Preview Gmail HTML Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Rakesh, 

I realize that, but it's difficult for me to allocate a budget to something that I can't accurately preview or QA. I'm wondering if anyone has found a clever way of targeting/segmenting themselves within the Display Network to see the ad before opening it up to a broader audience. 

I would hope that previewing GSP ads is something Google has in planning to incorporate into AdWords. 

Jeremy

Preview Gmail HTML Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jeremy,

I know this is a quite a bit later but I think you would be able to narrowly target yourself by uploading an email list to target. If you add yourself to the email list you should be able to preview the ad within Gmail.

Tyler

Preview Gmail HTML Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply Tyler. We tried this route as well, but you need a minimum of 100 unique email addresses in order for a customer list to be created. 

Thanks again!

Jeremy