AdWords
5.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Policy on transferring accounts

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created and setup an account through my MCC, I also added my own billing details to it. After managing the account for 3 months, the client wants another third party to manage it. I downloaded the full account via Adwords Editor and gave them a CSV which they can upload to a new account. However the third party is requesting admin access to the account, so that they can change the billing details and then take over the account.
What is the policy on handing over accounts etc?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

This goes down to  the question: who owns the account? Generally speaking, - unless otherwise agreed in the contract between the client and the agency -  the client - who is the one accepted the TOS by clicking,"I agree" -  is the owner of the account. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi thanks for the response.

There wasnt a contract between myself and the client and the TOS was agreed for by me since I setup the account and added my billing details.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

My view; if you signed  the TOS on behalf of the client, and  there was no amendment as to to your role as an agency,  the account is the client's.

I would strongly advise to  draft a contract  as to the your duties and responsibilities as an agency.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’