AdWords
3.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

One business renting multiple adwords accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, could anyone tell me if this would be a violation, I have found 2 companies advertising in the same keyword categories in the same auction and on the search results page they are at the 1st and 2nd positions.

1st Company in position 1: In the terms and conditions on their website they clearly state " we are company 1 Ltd registered in England and Wales etc etc etc" 

2nd Company in position 2: In the terms and conditions on their website they clearly state " we are Company 1 Ltd trading as Company 2 Ltd registered in England and Wales etc etc etc".

Different company names different websites but the same company.

Regards Mark

These are big companies with big advertising budgets that cover the whole of the uk.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would suggest bringing these ads to the attention of our policy team through the form here. If you'd like you can share the details required in the form and we can submit them on your behalf as well.

We hope this points you in the right direction.

Best,

Jens

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would suggest bringing these ads to the attention of our policy team through the form here. If you'd like you can share the details required in the form and we can submit them on your behalf as well.

We hope this points you in the right direction.

Best,

Jens

Re: One business renting multiple adwords accounts

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jensen,

I submitted a form to google earlier but here are the details although I can't find the waste express add since then so either they only advertise at certain times but I have seen this combination of ads from them loads of times over the last few months when researching the man and van rubbish removal keywords.

Clearabee copy.jpg

Waste Express

Terms and Conditions

1. ABOUT US

We are Clearabee Ltd trading as Waste.Express, a company registered in "England and Wales under company number 07938514" and with our registered office at Unit J26, Hastingwood Industrial Park, Wood Lane, Birmingham,B24 9QR.

Clearabee

Terms and Conditions

ABOUT US

We are Clearabee Ltd, a company registered in "England and Wales under company number 07938514" and with our registered office at Unit J26, Hastingwood Industrial Park, Wood Lane, Birmingham,B24 9QR.

Regards Mark

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Mark P

To get the complaint properly investigated, the complaint must be submitted through the channel Google has set, including all the information requested (e.g. click address). We cannot submit the complaint  from this platform. Please note: verifying that the ads are  indeed  served by the same  business entity could take a while. So this type of violation (promoting the same product to the same audience by the same business, aka "gain unfair advantage") could take a  few weeks.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: One business renting multiple adwords accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I didn't ask you to submit it on my behalf, I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself and I had already submitted through the google form along with the links and all the other information requested before asking on this forum if anyone knew for sure that it was against this policy, I was just asking for advice not asking for your help submitting it, maybe you should read my post again before answering it,  proving it is the same company is not a problem they declare in their terms and conditions that they are one and the same company, I'm not sure  they are trying to deceive anyone I think its just a case of them having massive campaign's and advertising the same keyword groups by mistake and/or not knowing or understanding that it might be against google AdWords policy, if it is at all against the policy, they are massive companies who spend hundreds of thousands of pounds a year so you would expect them to be on top of it.

"proving the ads are indeed served by the same business would take seconds they declare they are the same business themselves just go to their websites and take a look at their terms and conditions, the proof is right there in the first line"

Regards Mark