AdWords
1.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

One banner with two differents links (CTAs)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if it is possible to link the same banner to 2 different URLs (they have the same domain). They're different CTAs, one links to "More info", and the another one to "Register".

I'm not sure if it's against the Adwords policy (I couldn't find specific info about that), as well as if it's technically possible.

Thanks!

Naiara

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: One banner with two differents links (CTAs)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Naiara
No. One - one landing page (i.e. Destination URL). This is a core principle of the Policy
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Naiara,

Are you asking if the same banner ad can have two different CTAs linking to different URLs?
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, that's the point! Smiley Wink
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Naiara
No. One - one landing page (i.e. Destination URL). This is a core principle of the Policy
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Naiara,

Yes, you can do this and This method called Landing Page A/B Testing. Only you need to create 2 Ads (with Same Banner Ads) and use both URL in both the ads (means one ads has 1 url and 2nd ads has 2nd url).

You want use Same Banner Ads with 2 Different Landing Page on Same Domain Name (means the landing page is hosted on one domain). You want to Test which Call to Action is performing well.

I will recommend to set your Ad Rotation setting on Rotate evenly because this "Gives equal preference to all active ads in your ad group, regardless of how each ad performs."

you can read about Ad Rotation at here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I  disagree with @Anand Kumar;

The  poster asked about an ongoing campaign, not a test / experiment... (a side note testing two ad-copies is NOT an A/B testing...)

Each ad can have only one landing page URL.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
@MosheTLV

As i am getting her question that she want to test her two landing page (hosted on same domain) with different CTA in Same Banner Ads. Yes she can't use both the URL in same banner at a time that's why i have suggested to her that she can create two ads (with same banner ads) and use both URL in each ads. ( This method called Landing Page A/B Testing).

As you have already know that We can use two different landing page (hosted on same domain) in two Ads.

Please let me know where i am getting wrong so that i will take care in the future.

Thanks,
Anand

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Anand Kumar; The OP asked about " same banner to 2 different URLs" meaning the same (specific) ad, NOT different ads with the same design.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks @MosheTLV for you feedback. I will take care in the future. Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Anand