AdWords
4.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Not able to add location extensions into clients adword account

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear all,

HELP

I am encountering some rooky problems adding location extensions in MCC for two clients. Recently started out practicing with the accounts of two small businesses from friends of mine. 

Yet AdWords seems to link my MCC (gmail account/ GMB info) to these campaigns, and therefore is not able to connect to the GMB data and settings these two companies already have set up.

Read somewhere I should give these clients administrative rights. But thats the default setting.

Anyway before it will take me two hours to get nowhere, I hope someone sees this post. And has the solution. No hurry I am offline for a while for now.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: Not able to add location extensions into clients adword account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gijsbert M,

I can relate to your frustration, as I was once there. As a badged Google Partner and agency, I operate many GMB pages and have a MCC (now called AdWords Manager Account) and have location extensions set for them all.  

The first thing to do is go GMB and make sure you have a distinct label (Store Code) for each business. Write that down, along with the business name shown. 

Next, go to your AdWords account and click on Ad extensions, Location Extension and click on the red box + Extension. This is where you need to add the info from above to create the filter that will pull the precise business. Use the drop down menu and pick business name and enter it exactly as it is at GMB. Now, use the second drop down menu and pick Label and enter it (store code) exactly as it is at GMB. Click done and that's it. It will take roughly 24 hours to show up but when it does, it will only have that location and not any of your other GMB listings. Do not edit anything with GMB or location extension while it populates.

Please let us know how this goes and if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gijsbert M,

I can relate to your frustration, as I was once there. As a badged Google Partner and agency, I operate many GMB pages and have a MCC (now called AdWords Manager Account) and have location extensions set for them all.  

The first thing to do is go GMB and make sure you have a distinct label (Store Code) for each business. Write that down, along with the business name shown. 

Next, go to your AdWords account and click on Ad extensions, Location Extension and click on the red box + Extension. This is where you need to add the info from above to create the filter that will pull the precise business. Use the drop down menu and pick business name and enter it exactly as it is at GMB. Now, use the second drop down menu and pick Label and enter it (store code) exactly as it is at GMB. Click done and that's it. It will take roughly 24 hours to show up but when it does, it will only have that location and not any of your other GMB listings. Do not edit anything with GMB or location extension while it populates.

Please let us know how this goes and if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

James 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you.

The last part, does that mean that when they have two stores, they either will have two codes or (if not) only one location can be added?

I am gonna check it out

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Gijsbert M,

You are very welcome. 

Each location that has a listing in GMB will need a separate store code, then you can add both locations (or more) to your campaign. You just have to create the filter in the location extension and it will pull that (or those) business locations into the campaign.

Kind Regards,

James