AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Non existing automated rule still functioning-how to cancel it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,
I have run into a thing that I'm not able to understand. I keep getting emails about changes with automated rules -automatic biddig. I thought this rule should no longer exist. When I go to Bulk operations ->automated rules->all, there is only one (active) rule shown, which is correct. The one that is obviously "secretely" functioning is not shown, I can't find it anywhere but in the logs below. I don't want this rule to run but as it doesn't show in the list I don't know how to cancel it. Thank you for your help with the tricky issue.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Non existing automated rule still functioning-how to cancel it?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I just randomly chose an account I manage and I am seeing the same thing.

A rule has been running every day, and the only rules listed are either paused. deleted or were one-time only. The rule is for pausing campaigns when a certain spend amount was reached.

I then checked another account, and there is an active rule listed, showing up in the logs. All good there.

I think there might be a sporadic issue with showing active rules...

Anyone else?

Non existing automated rule still functioning-how to cancel it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've figured it out  (with help of Google Helpdesk). In my case the rule was accidentally set on the whole MCC Acount level, not the particular account, that's why I couldn't see the rule there. Check yours, perhaps it will solve your problem, too.

Cheers

Jirka