AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

No ads showing in google for anyone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, this is driving me insane.  
I no longer see ads in Google Search results, period. Not mine, not my clients, no ads anywhere period. (sample attached - results for "mexican restaurants boulder")

I'm on a Mac OS 10.10.4. 

I am not running any extensions that I know of. 
Ads do not show in Chrome, Firefox or Safari. 

I've cleared caches, restarted etc etc... Logged in, logged out. doesn't matter I don't see ads anymore. 

This is making it impossible for me to build campaigns for clients. 

Anybody have any ideas what's happening????
Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 4.46.33 PM.png

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No ads showing in google for anyone

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Eric,

The reason is, no one bidding on this keyword or might be if anyone bidding on the same, has not scheduled the campaign for that time/day.

Better is to use keyword planner to get keywords suggestions in the trend and associated avg. monthly searches as well as estimated bids.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Eric,

'Mexican restaurant' seems like a word people wold bid on. so its a little weird that you arent seeing any ads.

Any ad blocker plugins?
Try searching for more generic keywords.. like "cellphones" or something and see if ads show up. If they do.. then Archit maybe right.. the keywords may have noone bidding on it, low search volumes, very low bids etc... You may want to check page 2 also just to be sure.
Also, could you try searching for the same on your cellphone to see if you get ads?

There is no other reason why you should not e seeing ads.
Use the keword planner to chk on search volumes for the words you want to target in that specific geography. That may give you a better indication of searches.

Do post back what you find!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Eric M @ShroffS @Archit

I'm going to take a guess here and say there is some kind of test or glitch is going on with restaurant queries.

I queried Boulder CO, Denver CO, Los Angeles CA, NYC, etc.

There are no ads for any kind of restaurant queries from what I can tell.  I tested restaurant by itself, Mexican restaurant, and Italian restaurant. No ads at all for Boulder, or any of those other major U.S. cities.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
BLAH!!!!
The reason is because Google has stopped showing ads on the right hand side as of Feb. 22.
https://searchenginewatch.com/2016/02/21/google-is-removing-all-right-hand-side-ads-on-serps-worldwi...

TIme to sell my Google stock.

This is going to be a nightmare when my clients start seeing this has happened...

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

@Eric M 

That doesn't explain them not appearing at all. There are now 4 slots on top. Absolutely nothing appeared anywhere on all those queries I performed.