AdWords
4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

No Keywords Quality Score at all

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm managing an adwords account for a client for the last 9 months and our account used to perform really well, with 85-90% impression share on average and above industry average conversion rate (5-15%). Two weeks ago, my client had his website redesigned under the same domain name, and since then account performance is dropping in terms of impression share, ad groups that used to have 90% impression share now dropped to as low as 60%. What worries me most is that around 50% of all keywords now have no QS at all, the are just marked (--) in the quality score column on keyword level.
The new website is much better and landing pages offer a much better UX and there is a much better match between queries, ads & landing pages. CTR & CR remained the same but impression share is much worth and I just cannot figure out what happened to all the keywords.

Please help

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm...  Well... Let the campaign run for a while, I assume you opened new campaigns and until they gain momentum and there is enough statistical data to calculate QS based on your own campaign performance the double dash (--) is shown. (In the past you would have assigned - for the transition period, until enough data is collected  - a QS =6)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi 

I know the QS was affected by the website redesign. although just give it time its bound to bounce back. If you had paused the ads it could take some time before they start running again.

regards,

zaby

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both for answering 

I haven't opened new campaigns nor haven't I paused the ads. New website is running on same domain, so most urls were simply redirected to new ones. We had to update some of the urls because the web developers had made some mistakes with redirects. 

Is this the only reason? Will it bounce back?

Thank you!