AdWords
4.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

No Campaign or List existing but have received a "Remarketing list(s) disabled" email??

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 1
N/A

I have just signed up to AdWords and do not have any campaigns set up or any information and yet I have received a "Remarketing list(s) disabled for use with Google AdWords" email citing 'sexual interests' and asking me to edit / remove the list. I can't even access my 'lists' let along make changes to it so I have no idea why I have received this email - any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

No Campaign or List existing but have received a "Remarketing list(s) disabled" email??

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Doesn't sound right if you have just setup a brand new AdWords account and there is nothing in it.  Check your shared library, are their any Audience defined?

Have you selected any targeting options, e.g. to setup a display campaign?

Remarketing is not allowed in a number of business sectors and vertical markets. Sounds like you are aware of that. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Remarketing campaigns that could imply medical condition or sexusal orientation are not allowed.  My recollection: if you remove the campaign (because Google will not allow it to run) -   it will  also remove list, OR you can close the list. (See the link below)

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3176171?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

N/A
# 4
N/A

No, I am sitting at the "Your first campaign screen" when I log in so I can't even navigate to any sort of library. Do you know how I could do this without setting up a campaign?

N/A
# 5
N/A

Hi MosheTLV,

Unfortunately I do not even have a campaign set up to then remove. When I log into Adwords I am sitting at the "Your First Campaign" screen with all information waiting to be filled out. I don't want to go ahead and create a campaign to then just remove it?