AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

New to Adwords - just posted ad and my campaign start date is 2 months ago!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been considering using Adwords for a new business, and have spent the last couple of months playing with the Adwords interface. Today, I finally pulled the trigger, proceeding to the Payment screen.

Now, I see that my campaign start date is TWO MONTHS AGO, despite the fact that I only placed the ad today. I certainly don't want to be billed for two months of no ads because I hadn't even decided whether I wanted to proceed. Is this an issue I need to be concerned about?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tony C
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Tony C

Nothing to be concerned about. That just means when you first clicked create campaign. Most likely due to your "last couple of months playing with the Adwords interface."

You only pay when your search campaigns are actually running and accrue clicks.   The start date of a campaign does not matter. For example, you can run a campaign, then pause it for three months, and then turn it back on.  During those three months, you aren't charged anything because it is paused.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tony C
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Tony C

Nothing to be concerned about. That just means when you first clicked create campaign. Most likely due to your "last couple of months playing with the Adwords interface."

You only pay when your search campaigns are actually running and accrue clicks.   The start date of a campaign does not matter. For example, you can run a campaign, then pause it for three months, and then turn it back on.  During those three months, you aren't charged anything because it is paused.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Continuing with @David K's reply, if the payment was not set up yet then Google is not charging anything from you as they were not live.

You will only be charged when the billing/payment is setup and campaigns/ads are live.

And you can see the data(clicks, impressions and more)in the UI corresponding to the campaign, if it is actually running.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both for your answers.  That takes a load off my mind!