AdWords
4.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Need help getting Admin rights on client account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A client is trying to share her AdWords account with me.

When I click the Google-generated link she sends me, I get this:

"This Google Account is already associated with the maximum number of AdWords accounts. To proceed, please enter a different email address."

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need help getting Admin rights on client account.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Keith K

Sharing is for Google accounts that do not have their own Adwords.  If you are working on Adwords for clients you need to consider getting an MCC account. This is the proper way to work on accounts for clients.

More details on that here: https://www.google.com/adwords/manager-accounts/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.

Set up MCC.

Accepted invitation using email for MCC account. Got the same thing from Google:

"This Google Account is already associated with the maximum number of AdWords accounts. To proceed, please enter a different email address."

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Keith K

It sounds like you are still trying to share.  Now that you have an MCC, you need to send the invite to request access.  To do this, you'll need to know your client's customer ID number which is located on the top right of their screen.  It's format is xxx-xxx-xxxx.

On the MCC level of your account, you will see a red button labeled "+ Account."  Click on that and select "Link existing accounts."  Enter your client's customer ID and click continue, and follow any further prompts.

Once this is done, your client will need to go to Account Access located in Account Access and approve your request.  You'll then see their account on your MCC level.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭