AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Need help - ads stop working since Malicious content was found???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I have got message today that my ads stopped working since there was some malicious content on website www.wildserbia.com. The problem is that I can not find any issue, neither that webmaster tells that any issue exist, so my question is:

What should I exactly change in order to continue with adwords?

Thank you in advance.

Ivan

1. Make the necessary changes to your site that currently violates our policies:

Display URL: wildserbia.com

Policy violation: Malicious or Unwanted Software
     Details & instructions: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954#311

2. Resubmit your site to us, following the instructions in the link above. If your site complies with our policies, we can approve it to start running again.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Need help - ads stop working since Malicious content was found???

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ivan,

When this happens, it could be a link in a third party plugin, source code, css files, a link on a webpage, etc.. The offending malicious/unwanted software may not be actually visible on your website. Since it is a WordPress website, it is highly likely that the issue is with a plugin. You would want to go to your admin panel and look up each plugin and do a Google search for the plugin name and the term malware issue... example if the plugin name was my photo box: my photo box malware issue. Do this for every third party item used with your website. Also run your website through this scanner and even consider contacting them for assistance. 

It can be really difficult to locate the issue but you must to resume use of AdWords. Keep in mind that malicious and unwanted are two different things so the link may simply be pointing to a software sales site, which would leave your website malware free but still breaking the requirements of AdWords. 

Kind Regards,

James