AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Need Details About Mobile Preferred Ads.

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Will my ad continue to show in desktop also even after I prefer to show my ads only on Mobile devices by clicking on Chek Box below my ad.
Thank You.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manikandan G
August 2016

Re: Need Details About Mobile Preferred Ads.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
If you have both types of ads in an ad group, only your mobile ads will show to users on mobile devices, and desktop ads will show to other users. If you have only mobile preferred ads that will shows on all devices. I'm talking about standard ads not ETA.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Manikandan,

Mobile preferred ads only appear on Mobile device, not on other devices. If you have any others ads (those are not mobile preferred) within the Ad Groups then those ads will appear on all devices.

I will recommend to going through the below Url for more details about mobile ads.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472719?hl=en

I hope this will help you.
Thanks,
Anand

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

If you don't check the box for mobile preferred ads, then the ads will be shown on every device.

But when you check the box or opt mobile preferred ads, then adwords will give preference to mobile device with full browsers to show your ads.

Though opting mobile preferred ads does not block the ads for other devices by 100%, you may also get a very few impressions for the desktops as well even after opting mobile preferred ads. But yes the preference is mobile device.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
If you have are using only Mobile-Preferred Ads then your mobile preferred ads will show on desktop as well. if you have both types of ads in an ad group, mobile optimized ads will always be shown to mobile users and the other ads to desktop/tablet users.

thanks

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Hi Santosh,
Thanks for your reply.
Ok. Are you saying that My mobile preferred ads will be displayed only on mobile devices and other ads(Non-Preferred) will be displayed on all devices if I have both type of ads in same adgroup.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manikandan G
August 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
If you have both types of ads in an ad group, only your mobile ads will show to users on mobile devices, and desktop ads will show to other users. If you have only mobile preferred ads that will shows on all devices. I'm talking about standard ads not ETA.

Thanks