AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Need Clarification For Website Suspended Please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, yesterday I set up my very first Googleads campaign and having issues already. I got an email saying website suspended - that's EVERY ad stopped.

Reasons:

Please can anyone clarify? This is extremely vague and unhelpful.

Obviously the 'make money online' niche is a dubious one, is it because of the niche I'm in?

All of my content is original as far as I'm aware. Can you unknowingly write unoriginal content? Too many quotes?

Misleading content? The purpose of my site is to help affiliate marketing beginners get started and I recommend an online community and training course. Are we not allowed to promote? Why would we pay for ads if we were promoting a product or service? 

If Google are being reasonable I am more than happy to make any changes.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Simon

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Getting rich, or making money online is a very sensitive business to promote on Google. Usually this business model is not approved.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Simon C,

Good news is they didn't suspend your account, only disabled your website.  That means they are giving you a chance to fix this.

Many affiliate marketers get those two violations and the info on them as to fixing the issues are quite vague, although both generally can be fixed with a lot of work and a reconstruction of your website and business model.

Although promoting ways to make money online in a bubble is allowable, the "HOW" is very important here.  Google has very specific guidelines about it, unfortunately, its too big of a topic to post in a community forum chat as the amount of changes are too much for a simple post.  In addition, there are subjective items that you will need to address in addition to the objective items.

But do some homework, you can find your solution.  You can always consult and independent company to help you with the specifics to your site.

As far as not enough original content, well that one can be fixed if you fundamentally change the way you think about promoting affiliated products.  You need to do a great job of answering this question on your site:  "Why would anyone waste time going through you and your site when they could go directly to the parent company instead?"  Your site must do a great job satisfying that question.  Also there are some objective items missing to redirect to parent company without triggering "Bridge Page" violation.

All in all, you have a chance at success, but you need significant changes.  However it can be done!  I've seen worse come back from that!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What the heck does this mean: "In addition, there are subjective items that you will need to address in addition to the objective items."

Hire a company, to do what? "But do some homework, you can find your solution.  You can always consult and independent company to help you with the specifics to your site."

English is my first language but I don't know what this means: "Also there are some objective items missing to redirect to parent company without triggering "Bridge Page" violation."

Have you considered getting a job at Google? You'd be good at it, you're about as vague and unhelpful as they are.