AdWords
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

NOT A SINGLE CONVERSION BUT 500 Clicks from an OLD campiagn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a few campaigns for a client who holds corporate training sessions offline, since last 6 months. We target & generate 20-30 qualified leads through AdWords, pause the campaigns, conduct the training offline & restart the campaigns next month again. Since last 3-4 times, I was easily able to generate leads for every workshop. However, this time I started the campaign 4 days ago, 400 clicks from display including Remarketing campaign, 70 clicks from search & NOT A SINGLE CONVERSION yet.

I have checked all basic settings including conversion tracking etc, however nothing much changes in these campaigns as we have been using these since last 6 months.

Any Insights onw hat could be wrong or where I can look for more clues ?

Appreciate any help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

NOT A SINGLE CONVERSION BUT 500 Clicks from an OLD campiagn

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Think Technology Services,

My working assumption is that the initial Conversion Rate was okay, probably around or over 2-3%, else you would not be dissatisfied with the current stats. Under such a scenario what you see now might be striking and disappointing. 

Such things (sudden drop in CR) are often caused by unexpected events, developments or news rapidly spreading in the traditional or social media. E.g. President Trump's spokesman resigned the other day; and if a workshop is somehow associated with his activities you will be right to expect a sharp decrease in the registrations in the forthcoming weeks.

I don't mean to suggest that the drop was caused by such an obvious event in your case, of course. However, I would try looking for something beyond your control. 

Best,

Lakatos