5.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a new Google AdWords user as of a few weeks ago. I have yet to set up my first Campaign but have been doing some light research regarding Google AdWords for an upcoming Marketing meeting at my company. After, talking to the team and setting our goals up, I'd like to first search keywords for my industry. I  need help tho because every time I navigate to Google AdWords it takes me to my first campaign and I can't get out of it. Is there a way to back out of the first campaign?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I believe that you have to create a campaign in a new account before you can use any of the keyword research tools. I would recommend setting up the campaign to the point that's required by AdWords and then changing the status to paused. You don't need to use this campaign so don't worry about optimizing it - you can do that later. This will provide you access to the keyword research tool and you won't have to worry about having an active campaign to manage.

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.