AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

My ads have been taken down but my competitor ads are still there

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site for the keywords pay per head and price per head was taken down. Google said it was prohibited because of gambling content.

However, if you search for these keywords they are paid ads from other sites up. Why is this? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sylvia,

This happens across the board in AdWords, and your question is frequently asked here. There's no official answer, but here's some ideas for you:

If your site is suspended it is due to the content of your site, and how it relates to Google policy. Forget about keywords. The site that has ads running is a different site to yours, and it may or may not abide by Google policies.

AdWords policy is often open to interpretation and it could depend on who looks at your site that determines its fate.

Sites also change from time to time, and a site that passed policy previously might not today.

A lot of policy checking is made by bots. Some sites will have certain factors that the bots pick up on, while others don't.

While Google has seemingly unlimited computer resources, suspending a site would typically cause work for their support staff, and that is limited. So, perhaps, not all sites get caught.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I guess I will have to try submitting my site again.