AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

My ad was suspended, after being reviewed several times. No reason given.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created my ad under the guidance of a tech support person. It was "suspended" and reviewed a few times. I just received notice that it has been suspended and this is a final decision, my account will not be reinstated. I have not been able to determine why my ad was in "violation of Terms & Conditions." There is no way to communicate directly with Google about this and it seems rather arbitrary. I can't figure out anything in my ad that would violate their terms and my credit card is valid. It's very frustrating.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... At this point if the account was reviewed and the decision was final, we would not be able to help further;

Sorry; 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: My ad was suspended, after being reviewed several times. No reason given.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply but it doesn’t really answer my question. At no point in the process was I ever able to figure out what was wrong with my ad. It was reviewed and reinstated several times and it seemed like everything was OK when suddenly it was suspended with no explanation and it was final. The only reason I opened this account was because the tech support person who was helping me with a different issue suggested that I try it, and I followed his instructions on how to set it up. I have a word processing, editing and transcription business, which is a legitimate business since 1988. I’m not doing anything illegal. I think Google should at least provide better explanations of what is specifically wrong with an ad, rather than have the business figure it out with no clues. It is not helpful. It was a total waste of my time as well. I would also like to be sure that my card does not get charged for any of this. Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

The reason for the suspension was mentioned in the initial email sent. It's always  mentioned. Look for the email.

As for the transparency in disclosing  information to advertisers suspended: -  we  are volunteers here, and we have no control over Google internal processes.

Though I understand the frustration - the decision is  final. We cannot help.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Never got a reason in any emails. It just said to review the Terms & Conditions, which I did and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Not blaming you personally. I’ve seen this issue posted by others as well so I’m wondering why Google is so mysterious about what they will or won’t accept. And you can’t talk to anyone about it if you call them. It seems like they can’t be bothered.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Can you share the website URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don’t have a website for my business but the tech support person who helped me set up my ad said that was OK. Here is the URL for my YP.com ad so you can see that I’m a legitimate business: http://www.yellowpages.com/nationwide/mip/user-friendly-word-processing-transcribing-editing-2195825...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I think the issue is with writing academic essays. But not sure. A full investigation of your  account history  and your  past communication with Google  is required to determine the  root cause.  But as said, this is beyond our scope here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That’s interesting because I don’t write academic essays. I do editing for academic (among other) types of writing. I couldn’t even specify that my expertise is in APA editing because I wasn’t allowed to use capital letters. And as I said before, my past communication with Google consists of several very similar, if not identical, emails, no doubt auto-generated, to the effect that something in my ad is violating their terms but never did they specify what I should be looking at to make any necessary changes. I’m just trying to provide feedback to those who might be involved in this process so they can improve their customer interface. I am quite done with using Google for advertising, other than my free business listing, which I hope is still valid.