AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

My ad was not approved, but it still looks like it got impressions/views??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I few days ago, I tried creating a new ad to promote one of my YouTube videos. In the end, the ad did not get approved because I used too much capitalization in my title, which is understandable. My problem is that when I look at my campaign management, this ad shows that it received 46,174 impressions, it got 309 views, the view rate is 0.67%, and the cost is $22.62. Does this mean that my ad actually went through, even though it wasn't approved? What is going on here?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My ad was not approved, but it still looks like it got impressions/views??

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Amir B

In certain cases, ads are eligible to serve before they are approved or disapproved.   The data you see is from when it was in eligible status. Once it was disapproved, it no longer served.  Easy fix to get things going again.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David Kyle

So you're saying that my ad originally went through in spite of the over-capitalization of my title, but then Google noticed the problem and stopped my ad from running?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Amir B

That is correct.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David Kyle

Is there anywhere on Google's website displaying a contact number where I can get further assistance from their staff regarding this issue? I have found a couple phone numbers off of 3rd party websites, but I don't trust those numbers and would want to find contact info directly from Google. I'd really appreciate it, thanks David!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

@Amir B

1-866-246-6453  is the Adwords support number.  However, simply correcting the excessive capitalization will solve the issue. There is not much more assistance to be offered than that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David Kyle

Where did you find that number from? Is it posted somewhere on Google's website?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Amir,

Click the settings tab(gear Icon) within your adwords account, there you can see the adwords support number.

Or you can get the worldwide support number for desired the country within this link:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?hl=en

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’