AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

My account has been suspended as a possible "sleeper" account. What does that mean?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account has been suspended as a possible "sleeper" account (according to our Google rep.) I have read the policy and don't see what we violated. What does "possible sleeper" mean?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John T
October 2016

Re: My account has been suspended as a possible "sleeper" account. What does that mean?

Top Contributor
# 12
Top Contributor

@John T

Great news!

We have checked with Google. Your account was reinstated and is now active 

Good luck with your campaigns. Come back and check  the Community for other topics dedicated for advertisers.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: My account has been suspended as a possible "sleeper" account. What does that mean?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

My account has been suspended as a possible "sleeper" account. What does that mean?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV

http://www.opas.com/

This is what the email said: "Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements."

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Double check. There should be a reason mentioned in the initial email. (The email you quoted seems to be the one sent after an appeal had been filed)

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

For which countries are your ads targeted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the first email I received. I haven't received a response since filing an appeal (on Friday)

"Hello AdWords Advertiser,

Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements.

If this is an error, we want to get your account back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Here's the account:

Customer ID: ++++++++

To learn more about AdWords suspension policies, please visit
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2375414?guide=28446&rd=1&hl=en_US.

If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions athttps://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8440?hl=en_US.

This message was sent from a notification-only email address that doesn't accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you'd like to reach us, you can contact us through the methods described at https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/form_r0?hl=en_US.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Australia, New Zealand and Japan.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hmm... This is an interesting case.   The suspension email is uncommon...

Let me check with Google.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was  the AdWords rep who used the term "sleeper". Thank you, MosheTLV.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@JOHN T

I don't think  a "sleeper" account is the issue here. 
Let me explain:

A "Sleeper account" refers to an account that is inactive /  dormant with low activity for a long time, and suddenly becomes fully active. Accounts of this type might  be used by the "bad guys" (not necessarily, though)   and might trigger an account review, at first. However, when looking at your website, it's quite clear that you are a real active business.  The "sleeper" might have  triggered the initial review. But, once it became clear (during the review)  that you are a real business, and, yet,  the account was not un-suspended, this means that  there were other reasons (IMHO) for the suspension.