AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

My account has been suspended and I have no idea why?? Please help me!!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello- I have been an advertiser since 2004 and have never had an issue. I don't sell anything on my site but rather promote my Audio Visual business here in New Orleans. A few weeks back, my account was suspended. We were giving no specific reason why and are left to try and figure out the why. When I call, I get told no one can speak with me because my 12 year old account was inexplicably canceled. There was a time a few weeks back when my hosting service lapesed and our link was dead. We think this is the reason. We have since fixed that, submitted numerous emails but I'm still suspended. Can anyone out there help me understand what I need to do to get my account back in good standing? Signed- Desperate in Louisiana (www.aysts.com)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

When your account is suspended, an email is always sent stating a reason.  Sometimes it is vague but it's a starting point which is helpful. Can you locate that email, it will be in the account associated with your AdWords account. 

When you say "my 12 year old account was inexplicably canceled" do you mean that you no longer have access to login to it?  

If your website was down, usually that results in an error and your ads/campaign stops.  But you can login and get it going again. If your account was suspended then there is likely something more going on.  

You will have to have access to your AdWords account in order to get Google to assist you with the suspension. 

hth!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Rob B;

Hmm... Strange... Interesting case, 

Let me check with Google on that. That could take a while. Please be patient.

(BTW: neat website)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I said "canceled" but rather should have said it's "suspended."  I can log in and see everything like I would normally.  I've never been told that an ad was inappropriate or in violation.  I did find an email but says something like "your account violated our terms of service."  How?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply.  I'm so flummoxed by all of this process.  They gave no specific reason in the email and when I call, they won't talk to me.  And thank you for offering to look into this for me!!  I'm desperate to get my business back up and advertising.  Rob

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Rob B;

Your case is being checked by Google. Once Google replies I'll update;

As mentioned, this could take a few days.

For now, nothing much to do but to wait patiently until the re-checked is completed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: My account has been suspended and I have no idea why?? Please help me!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for even looking into this for me! Fingers crossed!!

Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Rob B;

This time; I'm the bearer of the bad news, 

Google  re-checked your case and found that the account was in violation and correctly suspended.

Google did not provide any additional info.

Sorry;