AdWords
1.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

My Adword campaign was removed by someone having email id ending with "@google.com"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Adword campaign was removed by someone having email id ending with "@google.com" on 20th Oct 2016. This person also done some other changes to my account. As this email id ends with "@google.com", does this person belong to Google team ? If so then why someone from Google is doing this ? We did not receive any prior warning or notification from Google. I have registered a complain to Google. Please help me with this issue.

1 Expert replyverified_user

My Adword campaign was removed by someone having email id ending with "@google.com"

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Don't worry, no one with a domain ending in "google.com" is going to do anything nefarious with your account.  If they made changes, there were undoubtedly good reasons for it.  And the changes are likely reversible, unless your account has been suspended for fraudulent activity. 

I suggest you get in touch with Google by phone Monday when they open at 6AM PDT.  The contact information is on the gear icon dropdown on the upper right of your screen.  

Nothing is likely to be possible on this, until their support operations reopen Monday. 

Do check your billing and credit card status.  That is the reason for 90% of campaign holds. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply.

But this person has also changed my account customer name. I can see these changes in Change History. I think there is no reason to change customer name without notifying me.

Ok. Thank you again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

A Google rep would not make any changes to your account, without you explicitly authorize the change 

I would double check that the account was not hacked 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Moshe points out the most likely scenario: someone logging in as yourself.  It is advisable you make a password change to protect your account against unauthorized access, in advance of speaking with Google about it.