AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple accounts-one domain-multinational company with country teams

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have gone through the similar q&a but I'd like to highlight that we're working with independent country teams having one website but different geo targeting. We'd like to have more than 1 adwords account for independency, privacy and to avoid potential mess. Will this be considered double serving? I read there are exceptions for multinational companies. We were thinking to have an Adwords manager account to manage the accounts centrally.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple accounts-one domain-multinational company with country teams

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Magda V there should be no problem with the structure you describe.  What used to be called "Double Serving" was all about trying to display more than one Ad for the same company in one set of search results, so as long as that isn't possible, you can't be double serving.  In your case it's not possible for two reasons; firstly you're using a single website, so Google will only display one search Ad anyway, regardless of how many Accounts there are promoting that site.  Secondly, your Accounts are targeted at separate geographical regions so there should be no situation where one person can cause a match in two different Accounts (providing your settings are correct).

It's quite common to see multiple Accounts for larger businesses that require this sort of financial or corporate split.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for the fast reply. So assuming we have 3 Adwords account, one targeting Spain, another one targeting Colombia and one Greece it would mean that for the first 2 we would have search campaigns with similar keywords (in the same language). Would this mean that only the one campaign will be performing? Would we have violation issues?

Thanks a lot,
Magda

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Magda,

Yes as Jon_Gritton mentions its better to have multiple accounts for different geographies. I am currently managing more than 10 Adwords accounts for a multinational company. It looks strenous, but it has became easy with editing and also reporting in Adwords in the recent years. You can bulk edit and manage multiple accounts through editor and also build reports for a range of accounts at the same time.

So, dont hesitate to dissect your geographies, it would be an effort worth it.

Do shout out for questions or queries you might have.

Regards,

CP

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@ChetanP@Magda V;

The key here is to understand when "gain unfair advantage"  (formally "double serving") applies:

A violation would occur only if  you promote the same product, or service by the same business entity to the same targeted audience.

It is clear that different Geo regions are different audiences - hence no violation.

@Magda V; since the user in Columbia and the user in Spain don't get to see the same SERP, you could run both campaigns  under the same account.

@ChetanP;

Unless there is an issue with internal company  accounting (e.g. Budget) you could run all campaigns within the same account and take advantage of shared budget

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@MosheTLV please check my answers in red

MosheTLV wrote:

@ChetanP@Magda V;

The key here is to understand when "gain unfair advantage"  (formally "double serving") applies:

A violation would occur only if  you promote the same product, or service by the same business entity to the same targeted audience.

It is clear that different Geo regions are different audiences - hence no violation.

Definitely you cannot show ads from the same company twice. Thats like spamming the search results.

@Magda V; since the user in Columbia and the user in Spain don't get to see the same SERP, you could run both campaigns  under the same account.

If its only about creating two accounts for two seperate geographies, then it doesnt make sense to create seperate campaigns. But again - if you have a lot of campaigns for each location, then create seperate accounts. Else you might be confused all around the place and may create small errors which are human but might create long lasting impacts on the account.

Also, if you are looking to increase spend over time and also expand your account, then it makes sense to segregate geographies based on accounts.

@ChetanP;

Unless there is an issue with internal company  accounting (e.g. Budget) you could run all campaigns within the same account and take advantage of shared budget

Yes I do have to create seperate invoices for every market and there is a lot of financial complication in my job. I have learnt to even become a Finance Manager due to handling this accountSmiley Wink

But yes we do have seperate accounts even for Remarketing, Display & Mobile campaigns. Its just to manage the spread and spend of Adwords effectively.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot! It has become super clear now!