AdWords
1.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Domain's in single adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Old agency used same adwords account for multiple domains. Now i want seperate accounts for each domain with existing campaign's. Is it possible? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Multiple Domain's in single adwords account

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Om T;

Unfortunately, "gain unfair advantage" is  a bit complex.

However;  the issue arises only when one business has more than one account. In your case, you have only one account. So, no issue at all. And you can run as many campaigns as you want, with any products, under this one account.

Remember- the rule of thumb: one business- one  account - many campaigns.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Amit.

The best and quickest way would be to use the Adwords Editor to download the account's campaigns, and then copy the relevant campaigns of domain #1 to the new account in the editor. Finally upload the new account's campaigns with domain #1 to the new Adwords account.
On the older account, pause or remove the campaigns with domain #1, leaving it active with domain #2 alone.

Good Luck.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;
This could be a violation of the "gain unfair advantage" section of the Policy;
Generally speaking, one business - one account.
As long as the same business you target the same audience, promoting similar products, it has to be one account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@Moshe, I am agreeing with your point, but as you can see that Amit has not mentioned that all domains has different businesses. So it may be possible, he has had different domains with same business type, under one business account. Because, currently I am handling the same. My client is selling puppies. She has different domains for different varieties of puppies in the same location and I am managing all domains under one account. So do you think it is the violation of AdWord policies.

@Amit, as per my knowledge you can use the separate AdWord account for managing the different domain if they are with different business theme. But, if they are with same business nature then I think you can also manage them from one account as I have discussed above.

Also, you can use the same method for creating the different account & campaigns from existing campaign by implementing Arik method. It is perfect way to do this.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Om T;

>>"My client is selling puppies. She has different domains for different varieties of puppies in the same location and I am managing all domains under one account. So do you think it is the violation of AdWord policies.

This perfectly  complies  with the Policy: One  business - one account. (You can  promote as many domains as you wish, even for different products as long as this is under one account)

>>" as per my knowledge you can use the separate AdWord account for managing the different domain if they are with different business theme. But, if they are with same business nature then I think you can also manage them from one account as I have discussed above - this is incorrect. As long as this is the same business entity (i.e same owner),  promoting the same  or similar products, targeting the same audience  - it has to be one account (regardless of the number of domains).

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV I respect your knowledge but you interpret  my message wrong. I think you didn't go through the Amit's question. Please have a look again

Old agency used same adwords account for multiple domains. Now i want seperate accounts for each domain with existing campaign's. Is it possible? 

In the respect of this statement I wrote that if he want to separate his account with different business nature then he might do that. Because, in his statement he has never mentioned all account belongs from one business owner. He simply want to know that can he do that or not.  So I think I gave the right answer. 

Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Regard

Om Thakur

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again @Om T;

My reply still holds. Let me explain:

>>"In the respect of this statement I wrote that if he want to separate his account with different business nature then he might do that.

With that I disagree. 

The nature or theme of the business (which could have a broad definition...)  is not relevant, in  the sense that  a business violates the "gain unfair practice", if the same business  entity (i.e.  In the case of small, medium  that would be the owner himself, or the LLC company) promotes the same or similar products (or services)  and targeting the  same audience.

Hence  who owns the business is substantial  to determine if there were a violation or not.

I hope I clarified the issue in question.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV I am totally confused now. So it would be fine if you tell me in simple words. Like, if have a 3 different business in 3 cities with 3 different domain name. So can I handle them with multiple Campaigns under one AdWord account or not. In this case nature of business is different but targeting cities and audience are same. So what you say about this. Is it violation of AdWord policies or not.

Anyway thank you very much for your time.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Om T;

Unfortunately, "gain unfair advantage" is  a bit complex.

However;  the issue arises only when one business has more than one account. In your case, you have only one account. So, no issue at all. And you can run as many campaigns as you want, with any products, under this one account.

Remember- the rule of thumb: one business- one  account - many campaigns.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV Yes, this is the thing which I was thinking too. Also, I am very much aware that one business never hold more than one account. But yes, under one account we can handle multiple businesses, doesn't matter if they belongs from different business nature.

I hope now all things are sorted out.

Thank you very much for your help.