AdWords
5.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Moderators ask to change site but ad campaign is deleted

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello community,

I have a strange situation.

AD Campaign is deleted, but moderators ask me via russian operators to make changes in content of my site.

Wow, I'm russian citizen, and Russian company "Google LLC Balchug St. 7, 115035 Moscow, Russia INN / KPP 7704582421 / 770501001" ask me to change content of my site. Do they have powers to demand from me such things ??

Awaiting comments from community.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Moderators ask to change site but ad campaign is deleted

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
If you are trying to run a advertisement on their site and you do not meet their policy requirement, yes they can ask you to change your content so that it complies with their policies. Otherwise, your ads will not be approved.

Hope this helps

- Stephen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do not run advertisement and company is deleted. and all subdomains are deleted and all groups of ads are deleted, but they ask to change content on my site.
Where I do not comply their rules?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi again,

It's hard to say without seeing your site etc. I would recommend getting in touch with a Google representative and explaining your situation: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en-GB

- Stephen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
O'k, i run site with financial offers for Belarus and moderators asked to put real physical address of my company, not banks, but address of my company.
Because I'm not interested more in Adwords for advertisement, I just deleted company.
But despite of deleted company, moderators ask to make changes in content of my site.
I have reply from russian speaking operators.
Do they have powers to ask that?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
The simple answer is no - they cannot oblige you to change your site.

However, if you wish to advertise in the future they will ask you to comply with the requirements. Google cannot make you do anything to your site - but you must be aware... if your site does not comply with their policies, not only will you not be able to advertise, they may also remove you from their index and that would mean you would lose any organic results you are getting from Google searches.

In general, it is a good idea to follow the best practices that the search engines recommend.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
We may have a language barrier here.

Are you trying to get an AdWords account unsuspended? If your account was suspended because of the website, deleting the ads won't fix your problem. You must fix the website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Account is not suspended and another company is running, but I have a warning from Adwords that I need to put physical address on site (belkredit.co) to continue ads. I do not want to advertise belkredit.co and just deleted ad company. And I guess I'll be punished by suspending of whole account. I do not understand such policies. Would anybody give me a link to adwords rules exactly to my case?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
<<<you would lose any organic results you are getting from Google searches.>>>
I use adw editor to save results/statistics.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
I think you have misunderstood my comment... if Google feels that your site needs changes to meet their policy requirements for advertising, then there is a good chance that they will also feel that the site is not one which they should list in their regular organic (non-paid) results.

You may find that your organic visits drop as a result.

And to be brutally honest, we are all at the mercy of Google. If they ask us to make a change to our website, we make it. They cannot be ignored in today's online marketplace. Besides, what is the problem with putting a physical address on your website? Google want (especially, ecommerce) sites to show that they are "real" businesses. This is going to be especially true of financial services. I am sure that you yourself are often frustrated by the number of competitors that are marketing in your space who have no offices, liability insurance, etc. and who are not authorised.

Google tries to protect their users (searchers) but also their advertisers by trying to identify and eliminate these bogus websites. It would appear that they are simply trying to make sure that you are legitimate. You should, perhaps, be thankful that they take this approach to ensure that your competition is reduced.