AdWords
6.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Maximum number of negative keywords per campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have an issue when I want to accept an invitation for a Google Adword account. It says my "email is already associated with the maximum number of AdWords accounts". However, I don't think I am, when I saw the limits on some other topics with the same issue...

Can you please check my account? Contact me back?

Thank you for your help !

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Maximum number of negative keywords per campaign

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Marriane G,

This means the email address (that was invited as a user) already has an AdWords account. Each email address can have just one AdWords account associated with it. There are a few possibilities of accidentally creating an account which might end up in such issues.

An easy way to resolve this is to sign up for a new email address and get invited again. However, there are a series of steps to get back the old email as well. Here's a detailed article on this issue from one of our experts.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Marianne,

It is possible that the account that is trying to accept an invitation already is the owner of an account. You have a work around option at this point, and that is to transfer ownership of the current account you own with that email. For example, if Email A is the "owner" [not "manager"] of Account 1 and you try to become the owner of Account 2, you won't be able to. However, if you create a new email, Email B, and invite it to own Account 1, accept it, and kick out Email A from the ownership of AdWords Account 1, then Email A will be free, single and ready to mingle Smiley Happy

The result will be that you now will have the ability to have Account 2 owned by Email A and Account 1 is now owned by Email B. It is complicated and cumbersome, but it works. If you want further help, feel free to message me back.

Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Marriane G,

If you need to manage more than one Adwords Account I will suggest you create new google account (new Gmail for example) and then to use that new account to create client manager account (mcc). https://www.google.com/adwords/manager-accounts/

Hope that may helps

Cheers

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Marianne G It's not possible that if you have not used your existing Id with any AdWord account, then AdWord never shows such type of message. So I am sure anyhow your email id is already associated with any AdWord account, but don't worry you can still use the same email id for accepting the AdWord invitation. Below I have suggested the few simple steps.

1) First of all create a new dummy Email ID.

2) Provide the admin access to this dummy email id from your main email id where you want to accept the AdWords invitation and logout the main email id.

3) After the second step implementation, you have admin access on your dummy email id ( created in 1st step).

4) Login with your dummy email id & release the main email id from AdWord account.

In this way your main email id is free to use it again in AdWord.

I hope it will help you better.

Regard

Om Thakur