AdWords
4.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Max CPC won't change

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep changing the Max CPC for my keywords but the next time I log in they have defaulted to £1.00 which isn't the Max CPC set. I have set it as £3.00 and also tried to change them manually individually. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Max CPC won't change

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Check your campaign settings. Are you currently using some kind of automated bidding?

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Max CPC won't change

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Check your campaign settings. Are you currently using some kind of automated bidding?

Tom

Max CPC won't change

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You need to check your campaign's bidding strategy.

Bid adjustments allow you to show your ads more or less frequently based on where, when, and how people search. Because Target ROAS helps optimize your bids based on real-time data, your existing bid adjustments are not used. There is one exception: You can still set mobile bid adjustments of -100%. Note that you don’t need to remove bid adjustments—they just won’t be used!

Also, there could be another reason for the Keywords defaulting to £1.00: Automated Rules!

Also check if you have any automated ruled running in your account that changes your Keyword bid every time the rule criteria is met and the rule runs.

You can share a screenshot or maybe details like campaign type/bidding strategy/etc if you need further help!