AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Max CPC keeps changing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All, I have set my max cpc at $9. and have a budget of $100 per day. I set bid strategy to place me at top of results page. When I look at my keyword list I notied most of the max CPC per term were set at less than a dollar. I turned them all blank so they would use the max cpc of $9.00. Three days later I look at the list of keywords and the list has reverted to the max cpcs that I corrected of less than a dollar. Please help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Max CPC keeps changing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

When you use an Automated Bid Strategy (such as Target Top of First Page), you are letting Google determine your max CPC's. When using a bid strategy that does not have historical data to reference, sometimes it starts low then works its way up to find the optimal CPC's. This usually takes at least 15 days, sometimes 30. Keyword bids override Adgroup bids, so keep that in mind. 

Here is an article on Automated Bidding: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en

Max CPC keeps changing

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Trish D,

Are you using bid adjustments as well?

Have you implemented another bid strategy at more granular level(ad group/keyword) which is overriding the campaign level bid strategy?

Have you implemented any automated rule?

Aslo, I would recommend you to work on the QS if its elements are below average so that your ads can have maximum chances to be on the top of the SERP.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’