AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Marg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How doe I activate a charity account. It asks for billing address but I do not have to enter this

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Marg

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Margaret L,

When setting up a Google AdWords for non-profits, you ignore any requests for billing info. This Google Help File covers the complete process of creating a Google AdWords account for a non-profit/grants. 

Do not enter credit card details or any other billing information when creating your AdWords account for Google Ad Grants. If you enter credit card information and your campaigns run, you will be responsible for paying any charges accrued.

As noted in the Account Creation Guide, you must skip the billing section in your account setup. After you create your AdWords account, you might see messages in your account or via email requesting that you submit billing information. Please ignore these requests. Because nonprofits create accounts through the same interface as paying advertisers, you may see these alerts until we have activated your account for Google Ad Grants.

Once you build your AdWords account and submit your AdWords Customer ID via the Google Ad Grants application, our team will review the account and activate it if it meets our guidelines. At this point, the billing alerts will disappear from your AdWords account.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks James

I can't find a way of activating the account as all the billing info
requested I can't get rid of and just don't seem to be able to find a way
round it. Perhaps there is something else I should be doing.

Marg

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

HI @Margaret L,

If you look at the bottom of the page you are on, you should see an option to skip to next step. What screen/step are you on?

It is also possible that you have completed things and are concerned because you are see a red banner/bar requesting billing? This is typical for any AdWords account that does not have valid billing. For an AdWords account for Google Ad Grants, this red banner/bar will disappear automatically in a few days one you are accepted and approved into the Google for Non-Profits/Google Ad Grants program (you cannot make this red banner/bar go away on your own, in this situation, since adding billing will charge you and void the account for use with Ad Grants.) If this is the case, you just need to make sure the other steps are completed from this Google Help File before you submit your account to Google Ad Grants.

Look at the top of the screen, on the left side next to the Google Adwords logo. You should see the name you signed up with and some numbers XXX-XXX-XXXX under your name... this is number you need for your Ad Grant application. 

Further, if need be, you can review this Google Help File for some more information on setting up Google Ad Grants.

Kind Regards,

James