AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Manual Payment Automatic Scheduling

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello everyone,

I'm currently using manual payment for my account, given automatic payment is not an option in Argentina. Is there any way I can set up an alert/reminder email that will be triggered when my money in AdWords reaches a certain level, so as to warn me that I need to deposit some more?

Please let me know,

Jordan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Jordan I!

follow the link below for complete solution.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710?hl=en-GB&authuser=0

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for your help, @Mian A. I've been looking at the automations shown, but I can't find any that trigger an email when my account balance reaches a certain level. Would you know how to do this?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jordan I,

Try this automated rule:

Automate(account level) >> send Email when.. >> Apply to All enabled campaigns; cost >enter threshold amount ; Frequency: you can go with weekly, select time, using data from same month >> save.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks @Archit, however this rule relates to the spend/budgets of the campaigns - I'm looking for a reminder that will warn me about the account balance when I am using manual payment.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

If you will select all enabled campaigns, it will collectively consider whole account balance.

Or you can also select All campaigns in case if any campaign was ended(during the period) or scheduled to run for future date.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks @Archit, I'll try it out and let you know.

Just to confirm, what you mention has nothing to do with the daily budget and spend?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

It will work in accordance with the cost that you will enter as threshold amount to sent a reminder on email.

If you will opt frequency as daily, the rule will run daily and an email will be sent if any of the day your total spend reaches that specified amount.

You can test it using an amount that can reach the limit the very next day.

Regards

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Archit, thanks for your help so far. I'm trying to set the reminder for something different from your suggestion: for the account balance. I'll explain.

As I explained above, AdWords in Argentina only allows manual payment: so I have to deposit an amount, and once I have done so, Google will draw from this money as I receive clicks. When Google draws all the money out of my account, and there is none left, my campaigns stop running, because there is no money to pay for them.

So, I must be very careful that I DON'T allow my account balance (the total money I have in my account) to reach $0, because if it did, my campaigns would be paused.

That is why I want a reminder - to warn me when I am close to running out of money in my account (for instance, when I have less than $1,000). When I receive the reminder, then I will make a transfer to Google.

As you can see, the reminder I am seeking doesn't have to do with daily spend and the daily budget - it is about the total money I have in my AdWords account, to pay for my clicks.

Do you know how I could set up this reminder?