2.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Malware reported by adwords. but no malware in my site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My websites recently suspended 3times due to malware:

i have done everything I could to check but found nothing wrong, google webmaster tools also indicate that there's no malware on either of them. 

I'm extremely upset with the whole process, Adwords fails to give any specific information about where goes wrong, just asked me to check, which I'm not sure if I'm able to get it done at all. To me everything looks fine. 

what can I do now? just wait a few weeks? The advertising stops and the business is loosing money, this is quite serious to my client business.

Is there anybody who can help me to check where exactly goes wrong on my website so I can fix it asap.

website is a horoscope generator like if you give your birth details it will prepare your kundali. i have mentioned  about user privacy policy offering a in line pop up while filling form.

I appreciate it very much!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)

Malware reported by adwords. but no malware in my site

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

When this happens, it could be a link in a third party plugin, source code, css files, a link on a webpage, etc.. The offending malicious/unwanted software may not be actually visible on your website. If it is a WordPress website, it is highly likely that the issue is with a plugin. You would want to go to your admin panel and look up each plugin and do a Google search for the plugin name and the term malware issue... example if the plugin name was my photo box: my photo box malware issue. Do this for every third party item used with your website. Also run your website through this scanner and even consider contacting them for assistance.

It can be really difficult to locate the issue but you must to resume use of AdWords. Keep in mind that malicious and unwanted are two different things so the link may simply be pointing to a software sales site, which would leave your website malware free but still breaking the requirements of AdWords.

Please use this help file... going through it very carefully.

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile

Re: Malware reported by adwords. but no malware in my site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for the replay. yes your right recently started using hotjar website tracking. its a wordpress site.

i have submitted  site for review ad words team un-suspended as of now i paused all campaigns .

i will check all things will update here . 

Thanks again Smiley Happy have a pleasant week